Wednesday, February 25, 2009

President Obama addresses Congress

President Obama addressed the Congress last night, and via prime time television the American people. I was busy providing officer’s training to an incoming class of church officers and missed most of the speech, catching only the last few minutes. I was impressed with the little I heard and saw. What were your impressions?

There are still two days to grade the President in my informal, unscientific poll. Assign your grade at the top of the column to the right.

On a side note, as I was watching the last few minutes of the speech I was struck by the image of the three Democrats on the platform. There was President Obama, our first President of color, from Chicago in Middle America. To his right was Vice President Biden, a white male from the East Coast with a son serving in Iraq. To his left was Speaker of the House Pelosi, a white woman from the West Coast. It was an image nothing like I have seen in over eight years, if ever. It was a welcomed image.

No comments: